Tuesday 19 October 2010

Oh Yogi, what have they done to you?


This was drawn to my attention late last night while moving heavy pieces of sound equipment out of a church (don't ask) and now I have had a chance to see it for myself I must say I am not amused... Yogi Bear The Movie starring Dan Akyroyd as Yogi, Justin Timberlake as Boo Boo and some dude who was in Scrubs for a bit as Ranger Smith.


It seems like Akyroyd and Timberlake do some ok-ish Yogi and Boo Boo voices but they don't sound like themselves and they don't really sound like the original cartoon characters so what's the point? Does it make it that much more of a draw to have their names at the top of the poster? Do the 6 year olds who will watch this know who Dan Akyroyd is? Do they even know who Yogi Bear is? You know they could just get some seasoned cartoon voice actors to do it near perfect any way.

Plus the trailers look painfully bland and drop in the 'IN 3D' bombshell at the end which pretty much guarantees my loss of interest. Thanks but no thanks.


Let's go back to the old school.

I must find a copy of Yogi's Christmas Special by December.

No comments:

Post a Comment